North Ryde Christian Church grants you access to its Wi-Fi network providing you agree to abide by this policy. Internet at North Ryde Christian Church is provided by Aussie Broadband.
This policy outlines the standards which North Ryde Christian Church requires all users of its electronic communications systems and equipment to follow.
- What is covered by the policy?
The use of the Wi-Fi network supplied by North Ryde Christian Church.
- Who is covered by the policy?
This policy covers all individuals who wish to use the Wi-Fi network supplied by North Ryde Christian Church.
- Internet use
It is our church policy not to allow unsupervised internet access to any child/young person under 18 nor vulnerable adults. Should individuals or groups wish to use our Wifi facilities, they must ensure under 18s and vulnerable adults follow this policy, or internet access will be withdrawn.
Users are reminded that their use of the internet will be directly traceable to our internet address. We therefore ask you not to visit sites which are:
- Illegal under current law;
- Defamatory, threatening or intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- Contain obscene, profane or abusive language;
- Contain pornographic material whether in writing, pictures, films or video clips;
- Contain offensive material regarding sex, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic
- Infringe third party rights or are otherwise unlawful.
- Internet content
North Ryde Christian Church reserves the right to block access to any site or user or device that it deems as violating its acceptable use policy.
North Ryde Christian Church will take reasonable steps to block any site that it deems inappropriate. However, we cannot guarantee that all inappropriate content will be blocked. If you gain access to a site that you deem inappropriate, you are required to close your web browser immediately.
- Systems and data security
North Ryde Christian Church will provide internet access via the wireless network and will undertake reasonable steps to ensure it is secure from unauthorised users. However, no guarantee can be made to this effect. You are responsible to protect your own devices and undertake your own anti-virus and anti-malware precautions.
North Ryde Christian Church will not be held responsible for any damage to your equipment whilst connected to its network.
You should not attempt to gain access to restricted areas of the network or to protected information unless authorised to do so.
- Monitoring and compliance
North Ryde Christian Church reserves the right to protect its network and systems by recording user ACTIVITY including recording of IP addresses of devices connecting to its network:
- To ensure that the use of the system is legitimate and in accordance with this policy;
- To comply with any legal obligation. If your use constitutes a criminal offence, we are obligated by law to handover such information to investigating agencies.
- Specific permissions to you
Wireless access to the internet in accordance with this policy.
- Wi-Fi availability
We don’t charge you for using the Wi-Fi. So you accept that sometimes, for technical or operational reasons, it may not be available.
We may also be required to control the types of material that can be sent or received over the Wi-Fi.
While our intention is for all to enjoy the use of the Wi-Fi service, we reserve the right to suspend your access at any time at our sole discretion.
Your use of the Wi-Fi is at your own risk and we are not responsible to you for any damages, losses, costs or expenses you suffer because the Wi-Fi is unavailable, does not operate as expected or causes loss or damage to your device or data including those resulting from activities of hackers.
Updated August 2020